EasyGit is a wrapper for git, designed to make git easy to learn and use.
EG FOCUSES ON DOCUMENTATION AND EXAMPLES
- Much of the work in eg is plugging a gap in git documentation: providing simple tutorial-oriented command-specific built-in help.
- eg's documentation is example driven
EG REMOVES OBSTACLES TO "GETTING" GIT
- eg removes many principle-of-least-surprise violations that catch git newbies unaware
- eg provides subcommands that are a natural extension of capabilities users know from cvs/svn (it also takes care to make sure the modifications to its subcommands are easily discoverable and error-avoiding for existing git users as well!) More Info »
EG MAKES GIT EASY TO LEARN AND USE
- easily learnable - I claim you can learn git faster by first using eg than by starting with git directly
- interchangable - You can switch between using eg and using git as often as you'd like. I do it all the same on the same repositories.
- fully capable - Unlike other wrappers for git, eg does not remove or limit any capabilities of git in order to simplify it; it just tries to layer concepts and present the capabilities in a more orderly fashion.
- compatible - eg is essentially command-line backwards compatible to git; those familiar with git can start using eg by simply replacing "git" with "eg" in their commands.
eg is biased towards luring existing svn users, due to the projects I work on and svn's large installed base