Dynamips is described as 'emulator computer program that was written to emulate Cisco routers'. There are five alternatives to Dynamips for a variety of platforms, including Windows, Linux, Mac, Android and iPhone. The best alternative is Cisco Packet Tracer, which is free. Other great apps like Dynamips are GNS3 (Free, Open Source), Free SNMP Agent Simulator (Freemium), NetSim (Paid) and Eve-NG (Freemium, Open Source).
- 5 alternatives
- Packet Tracer is an essential learning tool used in these Cisco Networking Academy courses: IT Essentials, CCNA Routing and Switching, CCNA Security, Intro to Internet of Things (IoT), and Mobility Fundamentals.
- Android Tablet
- GNS3 is a graphical network simulator that allows simulation of complex networks.
- Free • Open Source
- Verax SNMP agent simulator allows IT personnel to build virtual, simulated networks of devices without purchasing any additional hardware, for instance for testing purposes.
- NetSim for CCNP Network Simulator is now updated to support the new ROUTE, SWITCH and TSHOOT technologies.
- The new EVE-NG platform is ready for todays requirements. It allows enterprises, e-learning providers/centres, individuals and group collaborators to create virtual proof of concepts, solutions and training environments.
- Freemium • Open Source