ImDisk is a virtual disk driver for Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1 or Windows Server 2003/2008/2012. It can create virtual hard disk, RAM Disk, floppy or CD/DVD drives using image files or system memory. The install package installs a console-mode control program called imdisk.
Suggest and vote on features
- - ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver is the most popular Windows alternative to Dokan.
- - ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Dokan.
ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver Features
Comments about ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver as a Alternative to Dokanpros, cons and recent comments
ImDisk is a virtual storage driver. Dokan is a tool for developers to create user space storage drivers. One is like a Uber car that comes with a driver already, the other is like just the car.0
WinFsp, Windows File System Proxy, is a set of software components for Windows computers that allows the creation of user mode file systems. In this sense it is similar to FUSE (Filesystem in Userspace), which provides the same functionality on UNIX-like computers.
FUSE for macOS allows you to extend macOS via third-party file systems.
- - macFUSE is the most popular Mac alternative to Dokan.
BeeGFS (formerly FhGFS) is a parallel cluster file system, developed with a strong focus on performance and designed for very easy installation and management.
- - BeeGFS is the most popular Linux alternative to Dokan.
CBFS Connect allows you to present any data source as a fully-featured Windows filesystem—be it database records, local or remote files, dynamically-generated content, or anything in-between. Without writing a single line of driver code, you'll be able to expose your data as...
- - CBFS Connect is the most popular commercial alternative to Dokan.