Docker Alternatives for Mac
There are many alternatives to Docker for Mac if you are looking to replace it. The most popular Mac alternative is Nanobox. It's not free, so if you're looking for a free alternative, you could try Singularity or Packer. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 18 alternatives to Docker and six of them are available for Mac so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Mac alternatives to Docker are Apache Mesos (Free, Open Source), Turbo.net Client (Freemium) and DataCol (Free, Open Source).
- Automate complex infrastructure tasks so you can get back to what really matters.
- Singularity is a container solution with a focus on building reproducible software stacks and running them most efficiently on existing HPC, scientific, compute farm and even enterprise architectures.
- Packer is an open source tool for creating identical machine images for multiple platforms from a single source configuration.
- Apache Mesos is a cluster manager that simplifies the complexity of running applications on a shared pool of servers.
- The Turbo.net Client allows you to package apps and their dependencies into a lightweight, isolated virtual environment called a "container.
- Datacol is a control layer on top of cloud (AWS/GCP), to provide Heroku like experience with the power of Kubernetes under the hood.