The most popular alternative is DNADynamo. It's not free, so if you're looking for a free alternative, you could try UGENE or Chromas. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 20 alternatives to DNApy so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting DNApy alternatives are Benchling (Free Personal), SnapGene Viewer (Free Personal), Geneious (Paid) and BioEdit (Free).
- DNA analysis, cloning and sequencing software.
- Online lab notebook software, including DNA design tools.
- SnapGene Viewer is revolutionary software that allows molecular biologists to create, browse, and share richly annotated DNA sequence files up to 1 Gb in length. .
- Geneious combines all the major DNA and protein sequence analysis tools into one revolutionary software solution!
- UGENE is free open-source cross-platform bioinformatics software .
- Two software applications are available from Technelysium: Chromas and ChromasPro.
- BioEdit is a biological sequence alignment editor written for Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/7.
- Serial Cloner is a Molecular Biology software.
It provides tools with an intuitive interface that assists you in DNA cloning, sequence analysis and visualization.
- Scientific software for the molecular biologist.
- ApE is a science application for plasmid editing.Highlights restriction sites in the editing windowAccurately reflects Dam/Dcm blocking of enzyme sites