Open Source Disk Utility AlternativesPartition Managers and other similar apps like Disk Utility
Rufus is a utility that helps format and create bootable USB flash drives, such as USB keys/pendrives, memory sticks, etc.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Rufus is the most popular Windows alternative to Disk Utility.
- - Rufus is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Disk Utility.
GParted is a GTK+ frontend to GNU Parted and the official GNOME Partition Editor application. It is used for creating, deleting, resizing, moving, checking and copying partitions, and the file systems on them.
Suggest and vote on features
- - GParted is the most popular Linux alternative to Disk Utility.
- PortableGParted can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- LightweightGParted consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Ad-freeGParted doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- NTFS Partition RecoveryGParted can recover your data from a formatted or deleted NTFS partition.
- Encrypted BackupGParted uses encryption algorithms to keep your files safe as well as prevent unauthorized access.
- Photo RecoveryGParted can recover photos from damaged, failed, corrupted, or inaccessible storage.
- Dark ModeGParted supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Works OfflineGParted can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
ImDisk is a virtual disk driver for Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1 or Windows Server 2003/2008/2012. It can create virtual hard disk, RAM Disk, floppy or CD/DVD drives using image files or system memory. The install package installs a console-mode control program called imdisk.Suggest and vote on features
ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver Features
Also known as palimpsest, gnome-disk-utility provides libraries and applications for dealing with storage devices.Suggest and vote on features
GNOME Disks Features
KDE Partition Manager is a utility program to help you manage the disk devices, partitions and file systems on your computer. It allows you to easily create, copy, move, delete, resize without losing data, backup and restore partitions.
GNU Parted manipulates partition tables. This is useful for creating space for new operating systems, reorganizing disk usage, copying data on hard disks and disk imaging. The package contains a library, libparted, as well as well as a command-line frontend, parted, which can...GNU Parted has no features, suggest some!
ALT Linux is a set of RPM-based, APT-managed operating systems built on top of the Linux kernel and Sisyphus package repository branches. ALT Linux Rescue is, well, the disaster recovery tool.Suggest and vote on features
ALT Linux Features
LVM is a logical volume manager for the Linux kernel; it manages disk drives and similar mass-storage devices, in particular large ones. The term "volume" refers to a disk drive or partition thereof.Suggest and vote on features
Logical Volume Manager Features
No longer updated. Last version, 0.19, was released in November 2006.