codeSpark Academy Alternatives
Scratch is a programming language that makes it easy to create your own interactive stories, animations, games, music, and art -- and share your creations on the web. As young people create and share Scratch projects, they learn important mathematical and computational ideas...
- - Scratch is the most popular Web-based, Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to codeSpark Academy.
- - Scratch is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to codeSpark Academy.
EduBlocks is a visual block based programming tool that will hopefully help teachers to introduce text based programming languages, like Python, to children at an earlier age.
GameSalad Creator is an authoring tool developed by GameSalad, Inc. (formerly Gendai Games) aimed primarily at non-programmers for composing games in a drag-and-drop fashion, utilizing visual editors and a behavior-based logic system.
- - Gamesalad is the most popular commercial alternative to codeSpark Academy.
Bingo is a programming language based on Scratch by MIT which uses a "block" UI, where the user can snap together different blocks to make more advanced scripts. There are many added blocks to Scratch 1.4.
- - Programming Hero is the most popular Android & iPhone alternative to codeSpark Academy.
Learn to code, mod Minecraft and build games with Tynker's easy-to-learn, visual programming courses. Tynker is the online platform that makes it fun to learn computer programming for 4th through 8th graders.
- - Tynker is the most popular iPad & Android Tablet alternative to codeSpark Academy.
Coding is the new literacy! With ScratchJr, young children (ages 5-7) can program their own interactive stories and games. In the process, they learn to solve problems, design projects, and express themselves creatively on the computer.