Character Map Alternatives
BabelMap is a free character map application for Windows that allows you to browse through the entire Unicode character repertoire of over 107,000 characters, or search for a particular character by name or by code point.
- - BabelMap is the most popular Windows alternative to Character Map.
- - BabelMap is the most popular free alternative to Character Map.
Comments about BabelMap as a Alternative to Character Map
Good alternative. What else would it be????0
Searchable by character description and has a comprehensive built-in font set.1
WinCompose is a compose key for Windows. It allows to easily write special characters such as é ž à û ø ð ¤ Ø « = µ, and many more using short and often very intuitive key combinations.
- - WinCompose is the most popular Open Source alternative to Character Map.
A modern, native UWP replacement for the Win32 Character Map and Windows Font Viewer with flawless high DPI and touch support.
Character Map UWP Features
Comments about Character Map UWP as a Alternative to Character Map
A modern PC font and character browser to replace Charmap, that is elegant, fast, resizable, has more views, more filters, and for the first time ever, logical font groupings like monospaced/proportional , or serif/san-serif fonts! Finally a charmap replacement that makes sense.1
The character map that works! PopChar is an application that lets you insert special characters, umlauts and foreign letters into any document. With this character map, there is no need to search for or remember complex keystrokes.
- - PopChar is the most popular Mac alternative to Character Map.
- - PopChar is the most popular commercial alternative to Character Map.
Shapecatcher is a new website, that helps you to find specific Unicode characters, just by sketching their shape. Currently about 10000 of the most important Unicode characters are compared to your sketch and are analysed for similarities.
- - Shapecatcher is the most popular Web-based alternative to Character Map.
Characters is a simple utility application to find and insert unusual characters. It allows you to quickly find the character you are looking for by searching for keywords.
- - GNOME Characters is the most popular Linux alternative to Character Map.
GNOME Characters Features
Handy online Unicode character table with search tool, short information about origin and history of most characters in eight languages and some great compose-tools.
Browse Unicode characters by range; search for them by name; display them (when Android has the font); copy them to the clipboard; decode a string of Unicode characters to names.
- - Unicode Map is the most popular Android alternative to Character Map.