- Open Source
- 40 Reviews
- 672 Likes
Captura captures high resolution recordings of your computer screen (with a selection of encoding them in h.264, FFMpeg, or mp4) with or without your mouse cursor. It also supports capturing and recording specific regions or windows. On top of these features, it can capture mouse clicks, keystrokes, microphone audio, and features command line support.
- Free: Captura is free. You don't need to spend a penny. It's supported by donations and users sharing the repository.
- Open-Source: Source-code for Captura is available on GitHub under the terms of the MIT license.
- The app is completely ad-free.
- Available in over 30 languages.
- System Tray: Captura can run unobtrusively and be minimized to the System Tray.
- Command-line Usage: Captura can be used from your terminal. Only for portable builds.
- Hotkeys: Take Screenshots and control recordings from the keyboard even when Captura is in System Tray using configurable hotkeys.
- Input/Output Audio Mixing: Captura can mix microphone input audio and speaker output audio.
- Clicks and Keystrokes: Mouse clicks and keystrokes can be displayed in recordings. Options are present for customization.
- Screen Region: Captura can capture specific regions using the region selector. It can also snap to application windows.
- Webcam: You can include a webcam view in your recordings. Perfect for making tutorials.
- Game Recording: DirectX fullscreen games can be recorded using Desktop Duplication API. Needs to be supported by the game and graphics card.
Ad-free Command line interface Command Line support DRM Free GIF recording Support for HD videos Live screen recording Mouse clicks highlighted Optimized for Windows Portable Record HD screen Screen recording Capture Video Visualize Keypresses Webcam overlays Window Resizing Add a feature
create-tutorials dual-monitor screencasting
Make this page better by adding screenshots to Captura.
It's a great tool. Easy to set up, neat interface, I fell in love with it 10 seconds after I installed it.
Keep up the good work, guys.
-Great video quality
-Over 50% CPU usage while recording
The 50% CPU, isn't that kind of normal for screen recorders, especially with higher framerate settings?
It crashes every time i try to record my screen.
Hi, I'm Mathew, developer of Captura.
Can you provide me with some information regarding error message and your system parameters.
Simple and easy to set up
Can capture full sreen and Google Sketchup window with Nvidia gpu, where OBS fails. Integrated keystroke and mouse click display. Elegant and intuitive UI.
It captures region,window,full screen. Small and clean interface. It uses ffmpeg for encoding.
I tested screen recording only.
I'm satisfied with solid recording functionality.
Mouse and click animation need some modification.
In working with MS PowerPoint, recoreded mp4 video needed to transcode.
[Edited by heartily, September 18]
It is simple to use, attractive but yet simple interface. It is fast, and it works!
Excelent tool!! Works fine for me, give me excelent tools.
Very simple to use without recording time limitation
Great software! I love it! NO LIMITS! SUPER!!
For those of you that need a portable, easy to use, no nonsense screen recording tool, Captura is for you. From quick tutorials that require no audio or "hands-on" explanation to those more intricate tasks that require you slowly guide others using audio cues, webcam point-by-points, mouse cursor movements, and specific keyboard shortcut commands, Captura is remarkably scalable considering its portable nature and the fact that it comes at no cost.
Easy and simple screen recorder. And it's working!
Very fast and pratical. Just what I was looking forward for a long time.
Congratulations to Mathew and other project's contributors at Github !!!