What is Captura?
- Free: Captura is free. You don't need to spend a penny. It's supported by donations and users sharing the repository.
- Open-Source: Source-code for Captura is available on GitHub under the terms of the MIT license.
- The app is completely ad-free.
- Available in over 30 languages.
- System Tray: Captura can run unobtrusively and be minimized to the System Tray.
- Command-line Usage: Captura can be used from your terminal. Only for portable builds.
- Hotkeys: Take Screenshots and control recordings from the keyboard even when Captura is in System Tray using configurable hotkeys.
- Input/Output Audio Mixing: Captura can mix microphone input audio and speaker output audio.
- Clicks and Keystrokes: Mouse clicks and keystrokes can be displayed in recordings. Options are present for customization.
- Screen Region: Captura can capture specific regions using the region selector. It can also snap to application windows.
- Webcam: You can include a webcam view in your recordings. Perfect for making tutorials.
- Game Recording: DirectX fullscreen games can be recorded using Desktop Duplication API. Needs to be supported by the game and graphics card.
Captura is not being developped anymore, but the software can still be downloaded. See https://github.com/MathewSachin/Captura/issues/405#issuecomment-657065501
Features Vote on or suggest new features
Comments and Reviews Post a comment / review all • positive • negative relevance • date
CategoriesVideo & Movies • OS & Utilities
Lists containing CapturaScreen Recording • Windows • Videography • Screen Recorders [Windows]
Our users have written 21 comments and reviews about Captura, and it has gotten 85 likes
- Developed by Mathew Sachin
- Open Source and Free product.
- Average rating of 4.8
- 123 alternatives listed
Popular alternativesView all
Recent user activities on Captura
- liked Captura21 days ago