What is Butler?
Butler's purpose is to make it easier for you to perform different — potentially recurring — tasks. Butler lets you arrange these tasks in its fully customizable configuration. There, you can assign one or more triggers to a task.
• menu bar/docklet • pop-up menus • abbreviations • hot keys • hot corners • events
• launch applications • open files • access preference panes • manage bookmarks • search the web • run AppleScripts • extend the pasteboard • enter text snippets • simulate keystrokes • control iTunes • accelerate Spotlight • move/copy files • more…
Due to its unique variety of triggers and tasks, Butler is more flexible than any other productivity tool youve seen before. Thats why we call it the Original Many-Tricks Pony. So dont worry if you dont have a use for all of its features right from the beginning. Just start using Butler and discover a new feature every day.
Comments and Reviews
CategoryOS & Utilities
Recent user activities on Butler
- NosaLee added Butler as alternative(s) to Advanced Recent Access
- Bricolas added Butler as alternative(s) to Direct Folders
- Danilo_Venom added Butler as alternative(s) to Karabiner Elements
Highly Configurable. Lives in your menu bar, does a lot of useful functions and its fun. Its a must have for me for over a decade. #1