Bugtraq AlternativesLinux Distros & Penetration Testing Tools like Bugtraq
The Amnesic Incognito Live System (Tails) is a Debian 9 based live CD/USB with the goal of providing complete Internet anonymity for the user. The product ships with several Internet applications, including web browser, IRC client, mail client...
Suggest and vote on features
- - Tails is the most popular Linux alternative to Bugtraq.
- - Tails is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Bugtraq.
- Privacy focusedTails is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- Ad-freeTails doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Works OfflineTails can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- LightweightTails consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- PGP EncryptionTails supports PGP, an encryption system used for sending encrypted emails and files.
- No TrackingTails will not track you or use your personal data.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Tails without registration.
- Suggest and vote on features
- No TrackingKubuntu will not track you or use your personal data.
- Privacy focusedKubuntu is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- Ad-freeKubuntu doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Rolling ReleaseKubuntu supports updates that are continuously rolled out, rather than in batches of versions.
- LightweightKubuntu consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
Kali Linux is a Debian-derived Linux distribution designed for digital forensics and penetration testing, originally forked from Backtrack Linux by the Offensive Security team.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Kali Linux is the most popular Windows alternative to Bugtraq.
Kali Linux Features
- Privacy focusedKali Linux is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- No TrackingKali Linux will not track you or use your personal data.
- Command line interfaceKali Linux either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- Real time collaborationMultiple users can work together in Kali Linux simultaneously.
Parrot is a GNU/Linux distribution based on Debian Testing and designed with Security, Development, and Privacy in mind.Suggest and vote on features
Parrot Security OS Features
- LightweightParrot Security OS consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Privacy focusedParrot Security OS is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- Real time collaborationMultiple users can work together in Parrot Security OS simultaneously.
- Ad-freeParrot Security OS doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Cloud SyncSync your data (notes, documents, bookmarks, etc.) across your different devices and to the cloud.
- Command line interfaceParrot Security OS either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- PortableParrot Security OS can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- No TrackingParrot Security OS will not track you or use your personal data.
- Rolling ReleaseParrot Security OS supports updates that are continuously rolled out, rather than in batches of versions.
Exodia OS is a highly customized Arch-based Linux distribution built for and by cybersecurity experts, and also for daily usage, capable of performing the strongest pentests and the simplest daily tasks.Suggest and vote on features
Exodia OS Features
BlackArch Linux is an Small Arch Linux iconArch Linux -based distribution for penetration testers and security researchers. The repository contains 2554 tools.Suggest and vote on features
BackBox is a Linux distribution based on Ubuntu developed to perform penetration tests and security assessments. Designed to be fast, easy to use and to provide a minimal yet complete desktop environment thanks to its own software repositories...Suggest and vote on features
BackBox Linux Features
SELKS, a product of Stamus Networks, is a Debian-based live distribution designed for network security management. It provides a complete and ready-to-use Suricata IDS/IPS ecosystem with its own graphic rule manager.SELKS has no features, suggest some!
Matriux is a fully featured security distribution consisting of a bunch of powerful, open source and free tools that can be used for various purposes including, but not limited to, penetration testing, ethical hacking, system and network administration, cyber forensics...Discontinued
The project seems to be no longer developed. Last version, Matriux Blue, released in August 2014, can be still downloaded from SourceForge
The most advanced, powerful and yet beautiful penetration testing distribution ever created.Lined up with ultimate collection of tools for pro Ethical Hackers and Cyber Security Experts.Cyborg Linux has no features, suggest some!Discontinued
have not been any updates on their website in almost 2 years.