Blackfire is a performance management solution.
The core technology is a profiler, but the product is way more than that. Blackfire fits in your development workflow by providing the following key features:
* A low-overhead profiler that helps developers debug performance issues, find hidden bottlenecks in existing codebases, and validate the impact of fixes. In production, the profiler helps diagnose production issues, understand problems, and find solutions fast.
* A platform that stores data history to allow trend analysis over time and collaboration within larger teams.
* Key Integrations with testing libraries, automation software, and continuous integration and deployment platforms to automate performance testing, give fast feedback to developers, avoid regressions, and guarantee that applications can be deployed with confidence.... More Info »
During development, developers can use Blackfire as a profiler on their local machines to:
* Debug identified performance problems (coming from monitoring alerts in production for instance);
* Measure and improve performance by easily spotting performance bottlenecks;
* Write tests to set a performance budget and avoid regressions (both unit tests and scenarios);
* Validate code changes when adding new features and fixing bugs by comparing profiles;
* Understand code behavior of unknown codebases at runtime.
On integration servers:
* Run tests to continuously check code behavior and performance sensitive functions;
* Run integration scenarios to find regressions and check the performance budget.
If you have access to a staging environment that replicates the production one:
* Validate performance improvements;
* Run integration tests with production-like data;
* Decide when code is ready to be deployed to production.
On production servers, Blackfire is complementary to the monitoring system you already have in place:
* Identify the root causes of performance issues;
* Understand how your code behaves under stress.