BGINFO4X AlternativesSystem Information Utilities and other similar apps like BGINFO4X
Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any kind of information on your desktop. Originally a fork of Torsmo, Conkys torsmo-based code is BSD licensed. New code in Conky has been licensed under the GPL 3.0.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Conky is the most popular Linux alternative to BGINFO4X.
- - Conky is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to BGINFO4X.
- Command line interfaceConky either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Conky without registration.
- LightweightConky consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Ad-freeConky doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Support for Multiple MonitorsConky supports the use of multiple displays.
Elkowars Wacky Widgets is a standalone widget system made in Rust that allows you to implement your own, custom widgets in any window manager.Suggest and vote on features
How many times have you walked up to a system in your office and needed to click through several diagnostic windows to remind yourself of important aspects of its configuration, such as its name, IP address, or operating system version If you manage multiple computers you...
BgInfo has no features, suggest some!
- - BgInfo is the most popular Windows alternative to BGINFO4X.
This little application displays system information on your desktop in a similar way to some other desktop information tools. Unlike others, this application looks like wallpaper but stays resident in memory and continues to update the display in real time.Suggest and vote on features
Desktop Info Features
GKrellM is a single process stack of system monitors which supports applying themes to match its appearance to your window manager, Gtk, or any other theme.
Suggest and vote on features
- - GKrellM is the most popular Mac alternative to BGINFO4X.
Plasma Workspaces is the umbrella term for all graphical environments provided by KDE. Plasma separates components into "data engines" and their visualization counterparts. This is intended to reduce the total programming effort when there are multiple possible...Discontinued
The term "KDE Plasma Workspaces" is no longer in use anywhere with the release of KDE Plasma 5 in 2014. It has been broken up into multiple components; the important ones are already in the AlternativeTo database (e.g. KDE Plasma).
AveDesk is a program that will give you the possibility to have icons on your desktop which could update themselves. Each icon of Avedesk is in fact a desklet, a little plug-in that can virtually do anything.
Particulars displays system information about your Mac. It shows computer name, model name, serial number, CPU, RAM, graphics card, OS version, Server version, current user, uptime, disk space, and network configuration.
Particulars has no features, suggest some!
- - Particulars is the most popular commercial alternative to BGINFO4X.
Nerdtool allows you to display many things directly on top of your desktop; weather reports, headline news, and system vitals are just a few uses.Suggest and vote on features
Still works, but hasn't been updated in about ten years.
WPInfo displays system information on the Windows wallpaper. It works similarly to BGInfo from SysInternals but it adds a few unique features:Suggest and vote on features
- PortableWPInfo can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
The project is no longer developed. Last version, 1.1.0 beta1, released in April 2015, can be still downloaded from GitHub.