What is beaTunes?
What started out as a BPM detection tool for DJs, runners and dancers, has become one of the finest iTunes™ library management tools around.
beaTunes' powerful inspection feature lets you clean up your iTunes track data in a way unrivaled by any other software on the market today. Easily find typos or different spellings of artists' names, automatically fill in the album artist names, and much more. No more R.E.M. and REM in your iPod's artist list! No more albums hidden in the compilations section.
beaTunes can even help you to find the titles of tracks that have no artist or title associated with them.
And once you have a clean collection, the built-in playlist generator works even better.
Here are some more examples of what you can do with beaTunes:
- Automatically determine BPM (beats per minute) and store the result in iTunes
- Automatically detect the tonal key of your songs
- Look up track metadata using acoustic fingerprints
- Inspect and fix your music library (typos, wrong genre, wrong sortname, missing file a.k.a the iTunes exclamation mark problem, etc.)
- Create matchlists, i.e. playlists based on one or more sample songs
- Import lyrics and determine their language automatically
- Sort existing playlists so that matching songs succeed each other
- Browse songs from your music collection that match the currently selected song
- Discover albums that aren't in your music collection, but would complement it
- Keep up to date through Amazon™ album charts
- Categorize songs by their sound color *Automatically set start and end times of songs based on their volume
- Create blog entries on blogger.com with your favorite playlist or songs
- Add del.icio.us like tags to your songs
- Manually determine BPM and store the result in iTunes