Bean is described as 'small, easy-to-use word processor that is designed to make writing convenient, efficient and comfortable' and is an app in the Office & Productivity category. There are more than 50 alternatives to Bean for a variety of platforms, including Mac, Windows, Online / Web-based, Linux and iPhone. The best alternative is LibreOffice - Writer, which is both free and Open Source. Other great apps like Bean are Notion (Freemium), Google Docs (Free), Microsoft Word (Paid) and Manuskript (Free, Open Source).
- 60 alternatives
- For Mac users to write without distractions. WriteRoom is a full screen writing environment. View 101 alternatives to WriteRoom
The program is no longer available for iOS. The Mac version, v3.2.1, released in August 2012, can be still bought from the AppStore.
- Paid • Proprietary
- NoStash is a web app to keep your notes organized and searchable, is indie, ethical and future proof. Indie: developed by a tiny team without funds. Ethical, your privacy and your notes are before everything else. Future Proof: the founder use it. View 281 alternatives to NoStashNo screenshots yet
- Freemium • Proprietary
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Koalawriter is a fullscreen, distraction-free plain text editor with customizable background images and ambient music. View 43 alternatives to KoalaWriter
Last commit dates from 2010, and the last issue (still marked as new) dates from 2013, without an answer.
- Free • Open Source
- It’s a word processor, not a nuclear reactor Perhaps the word processor you’ve been using has 100 times more features than you need. Or it won’t work the way you want it to — too many views or too few, and nothing makes any sense. View 67 alternatives to Growly Write
- Free • Proprietary