BabelMap is a free character map application for Windows that allows you to browse through the entire Unicode character repertoire of over 107,000 characters, or search for a particular character by name or by code point. Characters can then be copied to the clipboard for use in any Unicode-aware application. It also provides many useful features and special utilities, as described below. BabelMap always supports the most recent version of the Unicode Standard, currently Unicode 5.2.
* Unicode Character Grid showing all 107,361 assigned characters and 137,468 private use characters in Unicode 5.2.
* Select any Unicode block in Planes 0, 1, 2, 14, 15 and 16 from a dropdown list.
* View characters in the edit buffer as Unicode characters or as NCR or UCN entities.
* Browse the entire Unicode character repertoire using a single font, or use a user-defined virtual composite font which maps particular Unicode blocks to particular fonts (ability to save and load different composite font mappings).
* Paste Unicode text from the clipboard into the edit buffer (any NCR codes will be automatically converted to Unicode characters).
* Magnify any character in the Unicode Character Grid by right-clicking on it.
* Find a character by Unicode hexadecimal or decimal codepoint value.
* Search (backwards and forwards through the Unicode Grid) for characters by full or partial name.
* Browse through Unicode Grid by plane, block or page of 128 characters.
* For CJK Unified Ideographs blocks, browse by radical.
* Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean or Vietnamese readings displayed for currently selected CJK unified ideograph (choice of language to show is user selectable).
* Copy selected characters to clipboard, for inserting into any Unicode application.
* Save selected characters to file in UTF-8, UTF-16 (Big or Little Endian) or UTF-32 (Big or Little Endian) encoding.
* Choice of two sizes of dialogue boxes available... More Info »