WinCompose is a compose key for Windows. It allows to easily write special characters such as é ž à û ø ð ¤ Ø « = µ, and many more using short and often very intuitive key combinations.
- - WinCompose is the most popular Windows alternative to BabelMap.
- - WinCompose is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to BabelMap.
Character Map (Charmap.exe) is a utility included with Microsoft Windows operating systems and is used to view the characters in any installed font, to check what keyboard input (Alt code) is used to enter those characters, and to copy characters to the clipboard in lieu of...
Character Map Features
A modern, native UWP replacement for the Win32 Character Map and Windows Font Viewer with flawless high DPI and touch support.
The character map that works! PopChar is an application that lets you insert special characters, umlauts and foreign letters into any document. With this character map, there is no need to search for or remember complex keystrokes.
- - PopChar is the most popular Mac alternative to BabelMap.
- - PopChar is the most popular commercial alternative to BabelMap.
Shapecatcher is a new website, that helps you to find specific Unicode characters, just by sketching their shape. Currently about 10000 of the most important Unicode characters are compared to your sketch and are analysed for similarities.
- - Shapecatcher is the most popular Web-based alternative to BabelMap.
Handy online Unicode character table with search tool, short information about origin and history of most characters in eight languages and some great compose-tools.
FindThatFont! is a handy tool that allows to preview fonts that are installed on your system and to classify them into over 30 different categories.
- - FindThatFont! is the most popular Linux alternative to BabelMap.
Browse Unicode characters by range; search for them by name; display them (when Android has the font); copy them to the clipboard; decode a string of Unicode characters to names.
- - Unicode Map is the most popular Android alternative to BabelMap.
Get information about any Unicode character. Just search for any Unicode character either by typing it directly in the search field (? for example), or its codepoint (U+0394), name (Greek Capital Letter Delta), and HTML code