Autodesk Inventor Alternatives for Linux
FreeCAD is a general purpose parametric 3D CAD modeler. The development is completely Open Source (LGPL License). FreeCAD is aimed directly at mechanical engineering and product design but also fits in a wider range of uses around engineering, such as architecture or other...
Suggest and vote on features
- - FreeCAD is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to Autodesk Inventor.
- - FreeCAD is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Autodesk Inventor.
- Parametric ModelingFreeCAD can change the shape of model geometry as soon as the dimension value is modified.
- Procedural ModelingFreeCAD can create or modify 3D models and textures based on a sequence of rules.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in FreeCAD without registration.
- Ad-freeFreeCAD doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Works OfflineFreeCAD can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Support for LayersFreeCAD supports the organization of elements through a hierarchical order that can be manipulated/viewed independently.
- PortableFreeCAD can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- No TrackingFreeCAD will not track you or use your personal data.
Comments about FreeCAD as a Alternative to Autodesk InventorSome users think FreeCAD is a great Autodesk Inventor alternative, some don't.Guest
Wasn't able to do anything with it6Guest
Would not open of arch linux0Guest
Lots of good feature and great compatibility-8
Dune 3D operates as a parametric 3D Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software. It provides users with the capability to sketch and constrain both in 2D and 3D dimensions. Furthermore, it allows for the addition of chamfers and fillets to designs.Suggest and vote on features
Dune 3D Features
Plasticity is a 3d modelling software for concept artists. Modelling in Plasticity is quick and efficient due to the unique gizmos, shortcuts, and thoughtful workflow.Suggest and vote on features
BRL-CAD is a powerful cross-platform open source solid modeling system that includes interactive geometry editing, high-performance ray-tracing for rendering and geometric analysis, image and signal-processing tools, a system performance analysis benchmark suite, libraries for...Discontinued
The last update to the software is from February 2021.
BricsCAD the first all-in-one CAD design solution in .dwg that answers all your needs; 2D drafting, 3D modeling, mechanical design, and BIM. BricsCAD is a cost-effective, innovative, and familiar CAD solution.Suggest and vote on features
Asset Forge allows anyone to create 3D models and 2D sprites using building blocks. Finished assets are compatible with most available game engines.
Comments about Assetforge as a Alternative to Autodesk Inventorpros, cons and recent comments
Assetforge isn't even 3D modeling software at all. It just allows generate objects from predesigned parts.3
VariCAD is compact, fast, easy to use, and provides everything necessary for mechanical design. VariCAD is sold "fully loaded", including all features and functions, for one affordable price. The system contains:Suggest and vote on features
MakerSCAD is a web-based parametric 3D design software with a block-based programming language to create objects for 3D printing, animations, games and websites.Suggest and vote on features
Site certificate expired. Software itself hasn't been updated in a very long time, is incomplete, and doesn't function
BricsCAD Shape lets you create without limits. Sculpt your ideas in solids from the start. It’s the power of free-form modeling with full CAD accuracy.BricsCAD Shape has no features, suggest some!
Varkon is a very powerful parametric 2D/3D CAD, modeling and application development tool for engineering, design, architecture, etc. It does 2D drafting, 2D and 3D modeling, sculptured surface modeling, and even animations.Suggest and vote on features
- Parametric ModelingVARKON can change the shape of model geometry as soon as the dimension value is modified.
The project seems no longer developed. Last version, 1.19E, released in November 2012, can be still downloaded from SourceForge.
SelfCAD is a simple but powerful 3D modeling software being used by beginners, professionals as well as both small and large businesses to create their 3D designs. With the program, users can be able to model, sculpt, render, and even slice designs.
SolidWorks is a CAD software that can be used to create parametric models, assemblies, and drawings. It's typical to work with relationships (the alignment of elements with one another) and dimensions (alignment through values).