What is AppSnap?
AppSnap is an application that simplifies installation of software. It automatically figures out the latest version, downloads the installer and then installs the software in one seamless step. Configurable options:
- Default directory to install applications (if possible)
- Login for the proxy user
- Password for the proxy user
- Enable/disable silent installation of applications
- Location where downloaded installation files should be cached
- Time in days before cached application versions are updated or installer filenames without version information are redownloaded
- Location where system specific information should be stored
- Location to download latest DBs from
- Location to download the latest version of AppSnap from
- Enable/disable checking for updates on startup
- Maximum downloads to perform in parallel
AppSnap is primarily designed for Windows which does not have any decent package manager such as APT and RPM as in the Linux world.
AppSnap is written in Python and uses wxPython, PyCurl and PyYAML. It is packaged using Py2Exe, compressed with UPX and installed using NSIS.
No blog/forum activity since 2008, latest release v1.3.3 as of Feb 2008
Comments and Reviews
Recent user activities on AppSnap
- removed AppSnap as alternatives to everything
- added Aptoide as an alternative to AppSnap
- added Deepin Software Center as an alternative to AppSnap