What is Aerofoil?
Aerofoil extends Vista and Windows 7 notebook battery life by:
- Allowing you to manually disable Aero Glass.
- Optionally managing Aero Glass user interface.
- Optionally managing sound muting.
- Optionally managing YOUR chosen power plans
- Optionally managing Windows Sidebar.
- Optionally showing a quick hibernate button
- Changing icon colour to show your power type
Benefits over earlier versions and similar software:
- Much more efficient - Aerofoil is 100% unmanaged C++ (no .Net Framework!).
- Much smaller memory use (about 25%-30% of the size of similar software).
- Unlike other apps, Aerofoil doesn't poll battery level continuously allowing the CPU save power by being idle more often.
- UPX compressed meaning Aerofoil.exe is as small as it can be.
- No configuration file - everything is customised with the installer.
- Tried and tested on Windows 7 (thanks to D. Schiferli!)
- Open source and free - no expiry date, adware, spyware or malware, download and compile it for yourself if you prefer!
Comments and Reviews
No comments or reviews, maybe you want to be first?Post a comment/review