Free 010 Editor Alternatives
HxD is a carefully designed and fast hex editor which, additionally to raw disk editing and modifying of main memory (RAM), handles files of any size.
Suggest and vote on features
- - HxD is the most popular Windows alternative to 010 Editor.
- - HxD is the most popular free alternative to 010 Editor.
Comments about HxD as a Alternative to 010 EditorMost users think HxD is a great 010 Editor alternative.
Proprietary, does not contain a lot of the features of 0100
ImHex is a free, featureful Hex Editor with many tools often only found in paid products. It includes a custom built scripting language for highlighting and decoding binary data, a disassembler, extensive file analysis tools and much much more
Suggest and vote on features
- - ImHex is the most popular Open Source alternative to 010 Editor.
- LightweightImHex consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- PortableImHex can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Support for scriptingImHex supports scripts and macros to automate or customize tasks.
- Ad-freeImHex doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
Comments about ImHex as a Alternative to 010 Editorpros, cons and recent comments
High-quality open-source cross-platform editor with all of the features I've seen in 010. It also contains a large amount of additional features ontop of 010's.0
wxHexEditor is an open source cross-platform disk/sector/file hex editor written in C++ with a wxWidgets-based user interface.Suggest and vote on features
The project seems no longer developed since 2020. Last version, 0.24, released in December 2017, can be still downloaded from SourceForge and GitHub
Malcat is a feature-rich hexadecimal editor / disassembler / decompiler for reverse engineers and malware analysts. It has support for many file formats and CPUs, can scan for signatures, decrypt/decompress data, diff files and run python scripts.Suggest and vote on features
- Malware AnalysisMalcat can inspect a suspicious file or URL to detect potential threats.
- PortableMalcat can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Ad-freeMalcat doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Works OfflineMalcat can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsMalcat can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
Opinions about Malcat as a Alternative to 010 EditorAlmost everyone thinks Malcat is a great 010 Editor alternative.
A fast and clever open source hex editor for macOS.Suggest and vote on features
Hex Fiend Features
Okteta is a simple editor for the raw data of files. This type of program is also called hex editor or binary editor. The data is displayed in the traditional view with two columns: one with the numeric values and one with the assigned characters.Suggest and vote on features
Bless is a high quality, full featured hex editor. It is written in mono/Gtk# and its primary platform is GNU/Linux. However it should be able to run without problems on every platform that mono and Gtk# run on.Suggest and vote on features
Comments about Bless as a Alternative to 010 Editorpros, cons and recent comments
Lacks most of the additional expert-ish features of 010, however it's otherwise a decent hex editor0
Kaitai Struct is a declarative language used for describe various binary data structures, laid out in files or in memory: i.e. binary file formats, network stream packet formats, etc.
Comments about Kaitai Struct as a Alternative to 010 Editorpros, cons and recent comments
Free / open source replacement, does anything that 010 Editor does (format parsing, etc), and lots more (parser generation)-1
HexEdit is a Windows hex editor, user-friendly and reliable with advanced features (full undo, macros, background searches, calculator, full customization, edits huge files).
FileAlyzer is a tool to analyze files, allows a basic analysis of files (showing file properties and file contents in hex dump form) and is able to interpret common file contents like resources structures (like text, graphics, HTML, media and PE).Suggest and vote on features
- PortableFileAlyzer can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.