Universal Audio announces Luna digital audio workstation for macOS
Professional audio recording hardware and software maker Universal Audio has announced an upcoming free music creation, recording, and analog-style production system it's calling the LUNA Recording System.
The major features included in LUNA are the following:
• Neve Summing built-in
• Multitrack Tape Emulation
• Universal Audio's first attempt in making software-based instruments, appropriately titled LUNA Instruments
Where LUNA is looking to be revolutionary is in how it resolves common audio latency issues for macOS digital audio workstation users.
The following instruments will be available when LUNA launches:
• Moog Minimoog, an official 1971 Moog synthesizer emulator
• Ravel grand piano, modeled after the Steinway Model B grand piano
• Shape, a toolset for producing music using keys, drums/percussion, guitar/bass, orchestral content, and real time synthesis
LUNA Recording system will be releasing exclusively for macOS and is currently aiming for a spring 2020 release (somewhere between March 19th, 2020 and June 20th, 2020). It'll be freely available for Apollo and Arrow Thunderbolt audio interface owners. More information on LUNA can be found at uaudio.com/luna.