FL Studio 20.5 released
Image Line has released version 20.5 of its popular digital audio workstation FL Studio, featuring a new preset-based synthesizer called Flex that covers a versatile range of sounds. Different from most commercial apps, FL Studio licenses are for life so users get this latest update with the new synth and scores of other helpful additions, fixes and workflow enhancements.
Core updates include:
• macOS VST/AU - FL Studio can now be used as a VST or AU plugin on macOS hosts that support VST or AU plugins. Windows hosts can use VST.
• Playlist / Piano roll - Mute selection (Alt+M). Unmute selection (Alt+Shift+M).
• Browser - (Alt+Click) to preview samples to their end. Click the stop on the transport panel to end early.
• SoundFonts - DirectWave will open when a SoundFont file is dropped on the Channel Rack.
On the plugin front, several plugins have been updated for FL Studio's relatively new vectorial design so visual quality is maintained at all resolutions. This is important because plugin controls are incredibly difficult to see at 4k+ resolutions but FL Studio's UI can be scaled up or down. Plugin's with vectorial UIs will scale likewise. Wave Traveler, Fruity Scratcher and Blood Overdrive have received that vectorial support.
Other plugin enhancements include:
• Edison Denoise Tool - Now available on macOS.
• Over 100+ free presets for Sytrus and Harmless synthesizers.
Of special note, ZGameEditor Visualizer has received a slew of new effects and other enhancements including integration with Pexels for easy access to a massive array of creative licensed photos and videos. Another notable feature, the Image module can now accept other ZGameEditor presets as inputs so users can easily chain presets together to create highly complex videos with ease. New effects have also been ported from Shadertoy with the benefit of being easily manipulated by audio inputs.