Twine is an open-source tool for telling interactive, nonlinear stories.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Twine is the most popular Web-based, Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to WrittenRealms.
- - Twine is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to WrittenRealms.
- Ad-freeTwine doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- LightweightTwine consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- No Coding RequiredTwine can be used without an coding or programming skills.
- Works OfflineTwine can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Twine without registration.
- Dark ModeTwine supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsTwine can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
Inky is an editor for ink, inkle's markup language for writing interactive narrative in games, as used in 80 Days. It's an IDE (integrated development environment), because it gives you a single app that lets you play in the editor as you write, and fix any bugs in your...Suggest and vote on features
Inky by Inkle Features
- Works OfflineInky by Inkle can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Inky by Inkle without registration.
- Ad-freeInky by Inkle doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Support for scriptingInky by Inkle supports scripts and macros to automate or customize tasks.
ink is a scripting language built around the idea of marking up pure-text with flow in order to produce interactive scripts.Suggest and vote on features
Ink by Inkle Features
- Ad-freeInk by Inkle doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Ink by Inkle without registration.
- Support for scriptingInk by Inkle supports scripts and macros to automate or customize tasks.
- Works OfflineInk by Inkle can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
Yarn Spinner is a tool for creating interactive dialogue for games. Write your conversations in Yarn, a simple programming language that's designed to be easy for writers to learn, while also powerful enough to handle whatever you need.Yarn Spinner has no features, suggest some!
StoryNexus: The choice is yours. StoryNexus gives you free access to hundreds of interactive worlds, from science fiction to romance, from gothic fantasy to historical adventure.Suggest and vote on features
Playfic is a platform for writing and playing interactive fiction. Interactive fiction (aka "text adventures") is a genre of game that uses no graphics or sound, but instead, uses text to tell a story in an interactive world.Playfic has no features, suggest some!
The contents of the IF Archive -- including thousands of text adventures, text adventure development tools, articles, essays, hint files, walkthroughs, jokes, and sly references to Greek politics -- are contributed by the interactive fiction community, past and present.Interactive Fiction Archive has no features, suggest some!