What is Vuo?
Vuo lets media creators make interactive animations, exhibits, performances, and professional-grade media projects by connecting up simple building blocks. Media creators can use these blocks to manipulate audio input, images, layers, videos, and 2D + 3D graphics, as well as record high-quality video of the results.
Vuo's features include:
- Real-time interaction using audio input, MIDI, OSC, and Art-Net DMX integration, or Kinect, Leap Motion and HID device input
- Sharing visuals with other Mac apps through Syphon
- High-quality video export and interactive recording
- Exporting compositions as Mac apps
- CPU and GPU performance optimizations, including automatic multi-threading, compilation to machine code, and shader-based OpenGL
- Support for new users (https://vuo.org/start), including video tutorials
- Subcompositions: the ability to turn a composition into a reusable node in your Node Library.
Vuo has a free, open source Community Edition for personal use and small organizations (https://vuo.org/download) and a Pro version for medium and large organizations and for access to more features (https://vuo.org/buy).
Features Vote on or suggest new features
Comments and Reviews Post a comment / review all • positive • negative relevance • dateNo comments or reviews, maybe you want to be first?
Said about Vuo as an alternative
Vuo is actively developed and supported, unlike Quartz Composer.
CategoriesVideo & Movies • Development • Photos & Graphics
List containing VuoVIDEO EDITING ALTERNATIVES / Maya
Our users have written 0 comments and reviews about Vuo, and it has gotten 6 likes
- Developed by Kosada, Inc.
- Open Source and Free Personal product.
- One time purchase (perpetual license) that cost about $299.
- 23 alternatives listed