The most popular alternative is Lynis, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 5 alternatives to UpGuard so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting UpGuard alternatives are Tripwire (Free, Open Source), SecPod Saner Personal (Free Personal), NNT Change Tracker Gen7 R2 (Paid) and CollectCore (Paid).
- Security auditing tool for systems running Linux, macOS, BSD, and other UNIX-based systems. It helps with compliance checking, finding vulnerabilities, and system hardening.
- Open Source Tripwire software is a security and data integrity tool useful for monitoring and alerting on specific file change(s) on a range of systems.
- SecPod Saner is a light-weight, easy to use, enterprise-grade security solution for proactively assessing and securing your personal computer.
- Change Tracker Gen7 R2 is the only solution designed to reduce change noise & the complexity of integrity monitoring & policy management while allowing for unprecedented scalability & management that meets the most demanding enterprise environments.
- CollectCore is a Linux server auditing system.