Easily override the browser's User-Agent string.
- Free • Open Source
What is UASwitcher?
Easily pose as another browser by changing the User-Agent header.*
Pretending to be a different browser can be useful in a number of different situations:
- Some web pages require you to log in or buy a subscription to view their content, but give full read access to search engines.
- Some web pages determine whether you're using a mobile or desktop browser based on your user-agent.
- Some web pages require you to use a specific browser to access their site.
- And potentially more…
Note that your browser will not magically morph into a different piece of software just because it's pretending to be some other software. If a web site locks you out because your browser does not support a feature they require then changing the User-Agent will not make any difference.
- Also changes navigator.userAgent, as well generating convincing values for several of the other navigator.* properties.
– Translating “User-Agent Switcher” to a new language Any help in translating this extension is greatly appreciated! To do so, simply visit our project on the WebLate hosted instance, create an account and either select an existing language or add a new one to get going. Thanks for helping out!
(Alternatively you may submit a merge request on GitLab with the updated translation files or send me the translations using the “Support E-mail”-Address.)
- Privacy Protection
- Firefox Extension
CategoriesWeb Browsers • Security & Privacy
Recent user activities on UASwitcher
- POX added UASwitcher as alternative(s) to Vytal
- braky edited UASwitcher
- braky liked UASwitcher
Comments and Reviews Post a comment/review