Sprite making can be a hassle, but there are plenty of tools to make the process a bit less arduous, such as TexturePacker and its ability to create and batch process sprite sheets, with both industry professionals and independent sprite makers praising its time-saving features.
For sprite makers that value portable installation support, there are alternatives to TexturePacker available that feature portability.
- Free Adobe Air app for Windows and Mac OSX with drag and drop - and clipbord Game Development tools.
- Free Texture Packer is an open source tool that allows you to pack multiple images into one atlas for you games or sites.
- Sprite Sheet Packer is a fully featured tool for combining multiple individual images into a single, efficiently laid out image.
- rucksack - texture packer and resource bundler.
- A simple application which converts an animation spritesheet into individual frames.
- Have a sprite that you want to show off?
- Use Zwoptex to create sprite sheets in just a couple of clicks. With powerful features, turbocharged algorithms and an elegant interface sprite sheets could never be easier.
- An open source sprite sheet packer. More tools coming soon.
- Sprite Monkey is the smallest and fastest sprite editor without sacrificing features!