Texture is a discontinued magazine marketplace superseded by Apple News. The app was one of few offering easy access to popular magazines, something Apple News now handles. There are still some great alternatives.
Most relevant would be apps offering magazine subscriptions, of course. Only commercial apps exist in that space but alternatively, there are a few free options from services providing a broader range of media types.
- Flipboard is a fast, beautiful way to flip through the news, photos and updates your friends are sharing on Facebook and Twitter.
- Amazon Kindle software lets you read ebooks on your Kindle, iPhone, iPad, PC, Mac, BlackBerry, and Android-based device.
- Google News organizes what’s happening in the world to help you learn more about the stories that matter to you.
- News is a mobile app and news aggregator developed by Apple Inc., for its operating system iOS, and launched with the release of iOS 9.
- Zinio transforms your favorite print magazines into digital format. Same content. Same design.Delivered over the Internet. Straight to your desktop.
- PipFeed is an A.I. powered reading app for prolific readers.The app for people who have a desire to learn.People who want more than just "breaking news" apps.
- 8000+ SourcesAdding new ones everyday, read the best publishers around the world.17 Different CountriesFind your favourite sources from variety of countries.
- Magzter is a cross-platform, self-service, global digital magazine newsstand with over 8,000 magazines from 3,400+ publishers in more than 50 languages from over 175 countries. User can read magazines through iOS, Android, and is website.
- The antidote to information overload. Winno is the best and most efficient way to stay on top of the stories you care about.
- TheWorldWidePost.com is a worldwide news aggregation website. Fully-automated, and on a continuous basis, TheWorldWidePost.com displays breaking headlines linking to news websites all around the world.