What is Text Fiction?
With interactive fiction novels you're more than just a passive book reader, following the adventures of the hero. Instead, you become the hero! Explore the world, make decissions and ultimately decide on the outcome. IF stories are fun for hours, immersive as hell and play at your own pace, making them the ideal pass time for a long road trip and short work breaks alike.
TextFiction is definitely the best adaptation of the genre available for Android. You control the protagonist through a novel SMS like interface which replaces the need for typing commands with intuitive touch controls. Users of chat apps will instantly feel at home! The barrier-free design also makes this app the perfect choice for users with disabilities.
Hundreds of free RPG stories from dozens of literature genres (sci-fi, fantasy, mystery,... ) are available for download, ensuring entertainment for months to come. You can't get more offline games for free in one single app!
- Supports z3, z5 and z8 z-machine games (may be wrapped in zblorb), no glulx
- Unique, instant messanger like user interface
- Configurable action keys to cut down on typing (long press to modify).
- Tap words in the story to copy them into the commandline. Double tap to clear.
- Nightmode and classic Terp mode ("Lucy", "Mina" and "Jason" colorscheme)
- Optionally uses the Text To Spech engine to read stories out loud (long touch a bubble to start/stop narration).
- Touch sensitive borders/corners for moving in the designated cardinal direction (may be fiddly on small screens).
- Saving/restoring progress (including autosave when navigating away from the app)
- A real battery saver due to low power consumption and no ads (TextFiction is one of the few games that don't need wifi).
Text Fiction Screenshots
Text Fiction information
- 61 Stars
- 29 Forks
- 17 Open Issues