What is SyncTime?
SyncTime is the simplest solution to synchronize your files. Did you ever wish you could easily keep up to date all your backup copies, distributed across many devices? SyncTime will just do it.
In SyncTime we speak in terms of sync items. A sync item mainly consists of two folders: a source and a destination. You can choose any two folders reachable in the Finder: they can be located on your Mac, on an external drive, like a USB stick, or even on a remote server.
You can create as many sync items as you need and customize each one individually. Among the possible options you will find:
- background syncing: changes are monitored in real time in order to keep your destination always up to date
- three overwrite policies: don't touch files already existing on the destination, overwrite only if the source file has changed or overwrite always
- three sync types: one-way sync (default), two-way sync (merge source and destination) and one-way move (delete the source files after a successful transfer to the destination). Please read carefully about these sync types in the Help section on the SyncTime website
- remove files that don’t exist on the source anymore
- files to be overwritten or removed can be moved to the Trash (requires Mac OS 10.8 or newer)
- exclude hidden files, files with names containing specific words or matching a regular expression, and selected files.
Other features include:
- changes have to be confirmed by default (you can also choose to skip this step) and you can inspect the files that will be added, overwritten and removed and preview them in QuickLook
- automatic launch on login can be enabled from the status bar menu
- your Mac can automatically be set to sleep or shut down after all syncs have finished (requires Mac OS X 10.8 or newer and the respective Applescripts to be installed in the Scripts directory. For detailed instructions, please visit the website)
- export your sync items and reimport them at any time, on any Mac.
Features Suggest and vote on features
Comments and Reviews Post a comment / review all • positive • negative relevance • date
CategoriesBackup & Sync • File Management
Our users have written 1 comments and reviews about SyncTime, and it has gotten 4 likes
- Developed by Nicolas Kick
- Proprietary and Commercial product.
- One time purchase (perpetual license) that cost about $2.
- 13 alternatives listed