Switch Audio and Mp3 Converter can convert mp3, wav, wma or 40 other audio file formats to the format of your choice in just 3 easy, simple steps. Just add the files you...
- Freemium • Proprietary
- Audio Converter
- CD Ripper
- Windows S
- Android Tablet
- Kindle Fire
What is Switch?
Switch is one of the most stable, easy to use and comprehensive multi format audio file converters available. It can convert wma, wav, aiff, ogg and 40 other audio file formats. It can convert mp3, wav or wma format and more to the format of your choice. Switch Audio Converter is very easy to use. Just add the files you want to convert to the list, select the format you want to use, and then click the convert button.
Sound File Converter Features:
- Automatically normalize audio while converting
- Access online database to add song information as you convert
- Import multiple file formats at the same time and convert to one output format
- Ability to play tracks prior to conversion
- Import and convert a playlist (m3u and pls)
- Import video files and extract audio (avi, mov, mpeg)
- Add audio files from Windows Explorer from the Right-Click menu
- Customize your Right-Click converting options to create three different "Quick Convert" options
- MP3 encoder supports constant or variable bit rates from 8 to 320kbps with optional error correction and stereo modes
- WAV encoder supports sample rates between 6000 and 196000Hz in PCM as well as a number of other audio codecs
- Allows up to 32000 files to be converted in one batch
- Can be run from the command line for automation with other applications
- Optimized CPU usage and efficient code allows for fastest conversion times
A professional version of Switch Audio Converter Software is available from NCH Software that can convert to and from additional audio file formats not supported in the free edition.
Comments and Reviews
- CD Ripper
- Convert Video To Psp
CategoriesAudio & Music • CD/DVD Tools
Recent user activities on Switch
- altersoft added Switch as alternative(s) to Roxio Creator
- MillerIt added Switch as alternative(s) to AudiFab Apple Music Converter
- Maoholguin added Switch as alternative(s) to Youtubmm
Pros: Small download and install size. Nice looking with many features, Uses free open source tools for the "components" Will probably work well on XP (but with a load of outdated encoders).
Cons: The authors never update the core components, only the GUI. Most of the encoders fail to install on newer versions of Windows. So far I only got the ancient MP3, AAC and FLAC encoders to install on a Win7 system. Had to install the components on a WinXP system to copy across to Win7.
Has real potential, but for commercial software shows a lack of effort with security and updating the free open source components that do the work. Find a free alternative, or at least something using current and secure code.
[Edited by DocFlay, May 02]
This is a wonderful free utility that's quite useful in many ways. It's seldom that you encounter products and good people that are willing to share their skills and ideas to help others without asking for something in return. Thank you.
Not free or too useful these days.
Reply written ago