SuperSlicer takes 3D models (STL, OBJ, AMF) and converts them into G-code instructions for FFF printers or PNG layers for mSLA 3D printers.
- Free • Open Source
- 3D Printing Tool
What is SuperSlicer?
SuperSlicer takes 3D models (STL, OBJ, AMF) and converts them into G-code instructions for FFF printers or PNG layers for mSLA 3D printers. It's compatible with any modern printer based on the RepRap toolchain which is running a firmware based on Marlin, Prusa, Klipper, etc.
SuperSlicer is based on PrusaSlicer by Prusa Research. PrusaSlicer is based on Slic3r by Alessandro Ranellucci and the RepRap community.
What are SuperSlicer main features? main new features/differences?
- Custom-made generated calibration tests.
- Ironing top surface & many new settings to fine-tune the top surface quality, like 'only one perimeter on top'.
- A "denser infill" option for supporting the (solid) top layers.
- Better Thin walls (anchored inside the print, no more random bits at the ends, embedded in perimeter loops).
- Options to change holes dimensions and/or geometry, to print them at the right size.
- Better overhangs (add perimeters if needed, slice them in opposite direction each layer).
- Brim rework: many more options (inside, outside only, 'ears', per object)
- Some new seam options, to help hide them.
- Built-in calibration prints
- Built-in object generation script
- Can join perimeters into a big one to avoid travel moves.
- Many other little options and corrections (like the filled concentric pattern).
- It has also all the current slic3rPE/PrusaSlicer features.
- 3,418 Stars
- 470 Forks
- 1596 Open Issues
Comments and Reviews
CategorySystem & Hardware
Recent user activities on SuperSlicer
- leanne_connelly added SuperSlicer as alternative(s) to BuildBee
- happensign liked SuperSlicer
- d_k_bo thinks PrusaSlicer is an alternative to SuperSlicer
Powerful and easy to use slicer software