The most popular alternative is FreeNAS, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 9 alternatives to SnapRAID so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting SnapRAID alternatives are Unraid (Paid), StableBit DrivePool (Paid), Rockstor (Free, Open Source) and ReadyNAS (Paid).
- FreeNAS is an operating system that can be installed on virtually any hardware platform to share data over a network. FreeNAS is the simplest way to create a centralized and easily accessible place for your data.
- An operating system for personal and small business use that brings enterprise-class features letting you configure your computer systems to maximize performance and capacity using any combination of applications, VMs, storage devices, and hardware.
- StableBit DrivePool is a state of the art pooling solution.- Allows you to create a large pool with any number and any sized disks.
- Rockstor is a free and open source NAS (Network Attached Storage) operating system. It’s a software solution and can be installed on commodity hardware or a hypervisor satisfying minimum system requirements.
- ReadyNAS OS
ReadyNAS OS is based from Linux and is exclusive for the ReadyNAS products and can be controlled by web address (example 192.168.0.20) and has many features like app s...
- Drive Bender for Windows is state of the art, single point storage pool technology for all versions of Microsoft Windows (read more).
- Unify & organize your data. Protect & recover from disk failures!
- EasyNAS is a storage management system for home or small office.
- Enterprise Storage OS.
An open source, high performance, block-level storage platform.