SMS Backup & Restore
Simple Android app that backs up and restores your phone's text messages, and call logs too
- Freemium • Proprietary
- Android Tablet
What is SMS Backup & Restore?
SMS Backup & Restore is a simple Android app that backs up and restores your phone's text messages, and now call logs too!
Note: Backups must be created with this app before attempting to restore messages. Advanced messaging is not supported.
- Backup SMS (text) messages, MMS and call logs in XML format.
- Local device backup with options to automatically upload to Email, Google Drive or Dropbox
- NEW: An add-on app is no longer required to upload to the cloud. All settings are integrated.
- Choose a recurring scheduled time to automatically backup.
- Option to select which conversations to backup or restore.
- View and drill into your local and cloud backups
- Search your backups
- Restore/transfer backup to another phone. Backup format is independent of the Android version so the messages and logs can be easily transferred from one phone to another, irrespective of the version.
- Fast Transfer between 2 phones over WiFi direct
- Ability to restore all text messages or only selected conversations.
- Free up space on your phone. Delete all SMS messages or call logs on the Phone.
- Email a backup file.
- The XML backup can be converted to other formats, and can also be viewed on a computer.
- Tested on Android 4.0.3 and higher
- App only restores backups made by this app
- Please start the app at least once after updates so that the scheduled backups start working.
- Backup is created locally on the phone by default, but you have the option to upload to Email, Google Drive or Dropbox. You are responsible for backup files. At no time are the files sent to the developer.
- If you intend to do a factory reset on the phone, please make sure you save/email a copy of the backup outside the phone before doing it.
- On Android 4.4+ devices, if you have performed the Restore and the messages don't appear in your messaging app then:
- Open your messaging app and Disable SMS from Settings.
- Exit the app
- Open the app again and Enable SMS from Settings.
SMS Backup & Restore Screenshots
SMS Backup & Restore Features
SMS Backup & Restore information
Comments and Reviews
- Backup and Restore
CategoryBackup & Sync
Recent user activities on SMS Backup & Restore
- thegodfath3r liked SMS Backup & Restoreth
- xnax added
- android037 added WebDAV Support as a feature to SMS Backup & Restore
No matter what you want to backup, here, i still suggest you should find a professional software to solve the problem , you can transfer android messages to computer ,then you can backup and manage them on the computer very fast, without any risk ,above all , the computer and telephone is almost synchronous operations, at the same time, it can to prevent them get lost or deleted,you don't need to worry about the phone data get lost or deleted but unable to recover,