Read, write, interact, and hack your NFC tags on your supporting iPhone!
Smart NFC is one of the first apps to support native NFC writing directly from your device. With numerous custom records to get you started, you'll be writing to most NDEF-formatted NFC tags in no time. Don't have any NDEF-formatted tags? Format them in the Advanced section.
Tag-specific features are being added that allow you to edit a tag's memory directly, which opens the doors to all kinds of new features! More Info »
- Read, write, duplicate, erase, and permanently lock NDEF-formatted tags
- Monitor a tag's max capacity (usually somewhere between 256-1024 Bytes)
- Read, write, and interact with links (https://, sms://, facetime://, mailto:, etc.)
- Write a variety of pre-defined Social Media and website records
- Read and write text records with multiple language localizations
- Use Background Tag Reading to interact with NFC tags without an app. Write a link to a tag and then tap it to your phone. Voila! (Supported on iPhone XS and newer)
- Review and rewrite previous messages from your History to another tag
- Format factory-programmed tags as NDEF tags in-app
- Read and write directly to a tag's memory
- And of course, target your users better by using a tag's unique identifier
- Dark Mode
- Privacy: we collect nothing as you use the app.
- NFC scanning is available on iPhone 7 and newer. iPad and iPod Touch do not have the required hardware.
- Background Tag Reading is available on iPhone XS and newer. iOS will present a notification for the first valid link stored on a tag.
- Any NDEF-formatted tags
- MIFARE Ultralight
- NTAG 213/215/216
Future support for:
- I-Code Tags
- MIFARE DESFire
- MIFARE Classic tags are not currently supported by iOS
- Include a tag's ID and/or its read count in a record
- Password-protect an NFC chip
- Connect to a Bluetooth device