The most popular alternative is Telegram, which is free. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 100 alternatives to Signal so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Signal alternatives are Element (Freemium, Open Source), Jitsi (Free, Open Source), Tox (Free, Open Source) and Wire (Free Personal, Open Source).
- It uses the Tox protocol which is Peer to Peer, it will have a higher battery usage than other Messenger apps.
- Zom's security and privacy features are powered by the amazing foundation created by the ChatSecure project, and works with other great apps like Conversations.
- The most secure messaging app in the world.
- Team.video helps remote teams have happier, more productive meetings by offering user friendly video meetings with agendas, collaborative notes, and emoji responses. No download required and it’s free to use.
- Messenger Kids is a free video calling and messaging app designed for kids to connect with close friends and family from their tablet or smartphone.
- The most secure and anonymous messenger, encrypted with Blockchain.
- A texting service that is built with state-of-the-art technology to ensure your privacy and anonymity.
- Chat app for the Android platform using XMPP technology for the real time communication. Also includes strategies for the meaningful avatar motion generation and different avatar pose interpolations in a real-time. It also presents DTW algorithmic.
- Chat with friends without knowing who is who. Identities are hidden here, and data is encrypted.
- Mi Airit a chat app that helps you communicate messages to the right people without receiving unwanted responses or reactions.