The most popular alternative is Telegram, which is free. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 100 alternatives to Signal so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Signal alternatives are Element (Freemium, Open Source), Jitsi (Free, Open Source), Tox (Free, Open Source) and Wire (Free Personal, Open Source).
- Kosmi is a free real time application and communication platform that offers voice, text and video calls along with games and applications such as SNES Party, NES Party, OpenArena, Poker, Virtual Cardtables, Synced YouTube and Cowatch Video.
- Technitium Bit Chat is a secure, peer-to-peer (p2p), open source instant messenger designed to provide end-to-end encryption. It can be used over Internet and private LAN networks for instant messaging and file transfer.
- Share a confidential note via a web link that will self-destruct after it is read by your intended recipient
- aTalk is an XMPP client that supports the following features:* Instant messaging in plain text and End-to-End encryption with OMEMO or OTR
- Chat with friends or anyone around the world, free gif and emoji support. Ability to make your own server is coming soon!.
- Messenger Lite is a fast and data-efficient messaging app to reach the people in your life.
- An alternative to Telegram with 50 pins, favorites, sortable chat categories, and a cryptocurrency price bar inside the app.
- TorChat is a peer to peer instant messenger with a completely decentralized design, built on top of Tor's location hidden services, giving you extremely strong anonymity while...
- Antox is an Android client for Tox. It aims to bring the full multimedia support Tox offers to your device, although it's still currently in heavy development.
- Librem Chat – end-to-end encrypted chat, VOIP, and video calling used by millions of people* Chat rooms* Share images, videos, and files* Make voice and video calls