What is Shoogie?
Shoogie is a small django application for logging exceptions to a table in the database, along with django's standard HTML debug response. It is intended to be a lightweight alternative to Sentry.
The name Shoogie is a diminutive of the Hebrew word sh'giah (?????), which means 'error.' Shoogie (????) also happens to be the name of a popular kids' candy snack in Israel. It's our hope that django-shoogie will make dealing with server errors a sweeter experience.
- Simple, server-error specific logging
- Logs django's familiar technical 500 response
- Uses django's standard admin interface
- Easy retrieval by user, exception, file, function
- Easy extraction of users' email addresses
- Logging handler operates outside transaction management
- Configurable exception ignores
- Configurable traceback filtering