The most popular alternative is Anki, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 25 alternatives to Semper so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Semper alternatives are Duolingo (Freemium), RemNote (Freemium), Drops (Freemium) and Beelinguapp (Freemium).
- Content-agnostic flash card software that supports audio, images, and videos via LaTeX.
- Learn languages by playing a game. It's 100% free, fun, and scientifically proven to work.
- RemNote is the note-taking tool that gives you memory superpowers. It automatically generates flashcards from your notes and figures out the optimal time to practice each flashcard so you don't forget what you've learned.
- Word by word, Drops helps you learn new vocabulary through fun, fast-paced games with simple mnemonic images in just 5 minutes a day.
- Beelinguapp shows the exact same text in two languages; side by side. At the same time, it is an audiobook, and with its unique karaoke reading you follow the audio in the text on both sides.
- Lingualia is a revolutionary new way to learn languages which learns from you and adapts the course to your needs.
- Flashcards / Spaced Repetition System with text-to-speech.
- Learn any language. Build and grow your own vocabulary. Keep words, phrases and notes in one place.
- - 2000 common phrases in variety of topics - 50+ languages in 1 app - High-quality audio from native speakers - Fun quizzes & flashcards
- Flash Card software that uses controlled repetition, timed spacing, and mnemonic elements (like images and audio) to greatly speed up the memorization process and virtually "lift" information into the long-term memory.