Microsoft Visual Studio is an integrated development environment (IDE) from Microsoft. It is used to develop computer programs for Microsoft Windows, as well as web sites, web applications and web services.
- - Microsoft Visual Studio is the most popular Web-based, Windows & Mac alternative to scriptcs.
- - Microsoft Visual Studio is the most popular free alternative to scriptcs.
Microsoft Visual Studio Features
MonoDevelop enables developers to write desktop and web applications on Linux, Windows and Mac OS X. It also makes it easy to port .NET applications created with Visual Studio to Linux and Mac OS X maintaining a single code base for all platforms.
- - MonoDevelop is the most popular Linux alternative to scriptcs.
- - MonoDevelop is the most popular Open Source alternative to scriptcs.
As of October 2021, the GitHub repository README has been updated to say "This project has not been built nor maintained since January 2020 and has been archived".
#develop (short for SharpDevelop) is a free IDE for C#, VB.NET and Boo projects on Microsoft's .NET platform. It is open-source, and you can download both sourcecode and executables.Discontinued
Unfortunately SharpDevelop has been discontinued. It is still a viable alternative for VS for versions until 2016, but it doesn't support C# 7.0 as VS 2017 does. See details: http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/WhatsNew.aspx
Create Windows software with VisualNEO, the easiest tool to develop powerful applications. Integrates an IDE with a simple and extensible programming language. Wizards and forms help beginners to learn programming while still great for pros.
- - VisualNEO Win is the most popular commercial alternative to scriptcs.
VisualNEO Win Features
MaxBlox is a complete application development platform. The entire system is web-based and allows the ability to build applications that operate over the web. This is architected as a Platform as a Service (PaaS) system.
- - MaxBlox is the most popular SaaS alternative to scriptcs.