What is Saola Animate?
Saola Animate is an ultimate tool to create HTML5 animations and interactive web content. Besides exporting to HTML5 output, the release of the latest version - Saola Animate 3.0 - allows you to export projects to video formats for demonstration purposes. With an intuitive editor, you can do almost everything with no coding skills required.
Regarding animations, Saola Animate operates on a keyframe-based animation system that helps create animations more easily than ever. Saola Animate also offers Preset Effects and Auto-Keyframe mode that automatically generates keyframes when creating animations. This helps save your time and speed up your work.
Furthermore, the perfect combination of the responsive layout, responsive scaling and flexible layout gives your animations the optimal viewing across any devices and browsers with different screen sizes.
Saola Animate Screenshots
Saola Animate information
Comments and Reviews
Said about Saola Animate as an alternative
I'm used to Hype and haven't found anything that comes closer in features and interface. I'm switching because I've switched to Windows from Mac, but overall i think i like Saola even better than Hype.
Recent user activities on Saola Animate
- added Saola Animate as alternative(s) to Kage Studio
- added Saola Animate as alternative(s) to Construct Animate
- Upvoted a comment on Saola Animate
I've been looking for a replacement for Tumult Hype since i switched to pc from mac (2 years i guess), and i'm happy to have found an even better alternative at a similar price tag and same proprietary license. More on Saola vs Hype further down *
You can find official tutorials on youtube and an active user forum, where the devs are quick to respond as well.
I also like that Saola Animate is from Atomi, a Vietnamese company. It's uplifting to see great software not developed in USA or Europe, China, Japan or Russia.
- The main thing i miss from Hype is more keyboard action, though most features (not all) can be assigned a keyboard shortcut in settings (not sure if Hype can do this).
Since it's a while ago i've used Hype, there might have been added more features, but the benefits i've seen so far in Saola compared to Hype are these:
- more vector drawing options
- more actions / ease of use for interactivity
- easier control of responsive layouts (including breakpoints)
- cool 3d tools with perspective
- and a general feeling of being able to accomplish more, not sure if that's true though, or just due to the Hype UI being more minimalistic (can be a benefit, but makes it seem less competent than it actually is, after all).
Please comment if i'm wrong about any of this, or if you have more to add to the list