An industry leading cue system for show and stage lighting, QLab is one of the more popular choices for lighting professionals. Alternatives vary heavily due to the specific needs surrounding stage settings and gear involved. These types of highly focused tools are strictly for desktop computers, most being for Windows and/or Mac with a few supporting Linux. They're nearly all commercial, with just a few free and open-source tools among them.
- The Show Cue System has been designed to playback sound cues such as sound effects and music cues for live theatre productions.
- Isadora is the award winning, interactive media presentation tool that allows you to follow your artistic impulse.
- The MadMapper provides a simple and easy tool for video-mapping projections and LED mapping.
- Go Button is a mobile audio app designed to provide professional playback of music and sound effects for live shows. It provides a creative, self-contained show control system that runs on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
- Resolume is an application for live video performances. Trigger video clips, Flash files, and pictures. Scratch, apply real-time effects, and become a superstar VJ!
- MapMap is a free and open source video mapping software. .
- Add an amazing visual dimension to your events with HeavyM, video mapping software. Download for free, on Mac & Windows.
- FaçadeSignage is the easy to use projection mapping and media server software that lets you use a PC and one (or more) projectors to “dress” any physical object or...
- VPT (VideoProjectionTool) is a free multipurpose realtime projection software tool for Mac and Windows created by HC Gilje.
- Smode is a real-time 2D/3D creation, compositing and video-mapping engine developed by D/Labs.