Open Source Pocket Alternatives
The most popular alternative is wallabag. It's not free, so if you're looking for a free alternative, you could try Memex or Polar. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 100 alternatives to Pocket so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Pocket alternatives are ArchiveBox (Free, Open Source), BibSonomy (Free, Open Source), SemanticScuttle (Free, Open Source) and Reminiscence (Free, Open Source).
- wallabag is an opensource self hostable application for saving web pages.## Comfortable reading
- A privacy focused browser extension to eliminate time spent bookmarking, re-googling or copy-pasting notes into scattered docs.
- Polar is a powerful desktop app for managing all your web content, books, and notes. Polar keeps all your content in one place, supports tagging, annotation, highlighting and keeps track of your reading progress. .
- Because modern websites are complicated and often rely on dynamic content, ArchiveBox archives the sites in several different formats beyond what public archiving services like...
- BibSonomy is a system for sharing bookmarks and lists of literature (BibTex format).
- SemanticScuttle is a self-hosted and web-based social bookmarking tool experimenting with new features like structured tags and collaborative descriptions of tags.
- Self-Hosted Bookmark and Archive Manager. Bookmark links and edit its metadata (like title, tags, summary) via web-interface.
- Browse later is a Firefox add-on using WebExtensions that let you save the current tab to read it at a later stage.
- Hosted bookmark management app.
- PageArchiver (previously called "Scrapbook for SingleFile") is a Chrome extension that helps you to archive web pages for offline reading.Main features are: