PhotoRec Alternatives for Linux
R-Studio is a family of powerful and cost-effective undelete and data recovery software. Empowered by the new unique data recovery technologies, it is the most comprehensive data recovery solution for recovery files from FAT12/16/32/exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5 (created or updated by...
Suggest and vote on features
- - R-Studio is the most popular Linux alternative to PhotoRec.
- - R-Studio is the most popular commercial alternative to PhotoRec.
Autopsy® is a digital forensics platform and graphical interface to The Sleuth Kit® and other digital forensics tools. It can be used by law enforcement, military, and corporate examiners to investigate what happened on a computer.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Autopsy Forensic Browser is the most popular Open Source alternative to PhotoRec.
Autopsy Forensic Browser Features
- Photo RecoveryAutopsy Forensic Browser can recover photos from damaged, failed, corrupted, or inaccessible storage.
- Ad-freeAutopsy Forensic Browser doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- NTFS Partition RecoveryAutopsy Forensic Browser can recover your data from a formatted or deleted NTFS partition.
GNU ddrescue is a data recovery tool. It copies data from one file or block device (hard disc, cdrom, etc) to another, trying hard to rescue data in case of read errors.Suggest and vote on features
GNU ddrescue Features
- PortableGNU ddrescue can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
Free Data recovery and Undelete software for Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 FS file system. Unformat , Unerase and Easy Recovery tool.Suggest and vote on features
safecopy is a data recovery tool which tries to extract as much data as possible from a problematic (i.e. damaged sectors) source - like floppy drives, hard disk partitions, CDs, tape devices, ..., where other tools like dd would fail due to I/O errorsafecopy - Data Recovery has no features, suggest some!
Foremost is a console program to recover files based on their headers, footers, and internal data structures. This process is commonly referred to as data carving. Foremost can work on image files, such as those generated by dd, Safeback, Encase, etc, or directly on a drive.Suggest and vote on features
Raise Data Recovery is an easy-to-use powerful utility with an intuitive wizard-style interface for data recovery from simple storages with Windows, Linux and macOS file systems and from common RAID-based devices.Suggest and vote on features
Raise Data Recovery Features
- Ad-freeRaise Data Recovery doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Photo RecoveryRaise Data Recovery can recover photos from damaged, failed, corrupted, or inaccessible storage.
- NTFS Partition RecoveryRaise Data Recovery can recover your data from a formatted or deleted NTFS partition.
- Dark ModeRaise Data Recovery supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
Data recovery program for NTFS file systems. Reads each block of the hard disk to and retrieves rebuilds file system tree on another partition.Suggest and vote on features
Scrounge NTFS Features
- NTFS Partition RecoveryScrounge NTFS can recover your data from a formatted or deleted NTFS partition.
The program is no longer updated. Last version, 0.8.6, released in June 2009, can be still downloaded from the official website.
Utility to recover errors from digital camera memory cards and other devices. Command line only.Suggest and vote on features
- Photo Recoveryrecoverjpeg can recover photos from damaged, failed, corrupted, or inaccessible storage.
Recovery Explorer (Standard and RAID) are an effective easy-to-use software solution for retrieving different types of data lost from various devices and file systems.Suggest and vote on features
Recovery Explorer Features