Free Paperpile AlternativesResearch Managers and other similar apps like Paperpile
Zotero is a free, easy-to-use tool to help you collect, organize, share research and cite your research sources directly in your favourite word processor, with 300 MB free online storage.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Zotero is the most popular Windows, Mac, iPhone & Linux alternative to Paperpile.
- - Zotero is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Paperpile.
- Ad-freeZotero doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- PDF annotationZotero support PDF Annotation for highlighting, notes etc
- Cloud SyncSync your data (notes, documents, bookmarks, etc.) across your different devices and to the cloud.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsZotero can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Support for MarkDownZotero supports MarkDown for document formatting.
- Privacy focusedZotero is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- Full-Text SearchZotero lets you search for specific words or phrases from inside a document or database.
- Real time collaborationMultiple users can work together in Zotero simultaneously.
- File TaggingZotero can organize and highlight your files with tags and labels.
Opinions about Zotero as a Alternative to PaperpileMost users think Zotero is a great Paperpile alternative.
Qiqqa is a free research and reference manager. Search for, read and annotate your PDFs. Then review your work, write up and create bibliographies instantly.Suggest and vote on features
- PDF annotationQiqqa support PDF Annotation for highlighting, notes etc
- Full-Text SearchQiqqa lets you search for specific words or phrases from inside a document or database.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Qiqqa without registration.
- Ad-freeQiqqa doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- File TaggingQiqqa can organize and highlight your files with tags and labels.
- Support for LaTeXQiqqa supports LaTeX for text and math equation formatting.
- PortableQiqqa can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Real time collaborationMultiple users can work together in Qiqqa simultaneously.
Mendeley helps manage and share academic knowledge: Mendeley Desktop is free academic software (Windows, Mac, Linux) for organizing and sharing research papers and generating bibliographies with 1GB of free online storage to automatically back up and synchronize your library...
Suggest and vote on features
- - Mendeley is the most popular Web-based alternative to Paperpile.
Opinions about Mendeley as a Alternative to PaperpileMost users think Mendeley is a great Paperpile alternative.
Bibliography reference manager. The native file format used by JabRef is BibTeX, the standard LaTeX bibliography format.Suggest and vote on features
- Ad-freeJabRef doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Full-Text SearchJabRef lets you search for specific words or phrases from inside a document or database.
- Support for LaTeXJabRef supports LaTeX for text and math equation formatting.
- Works OfflineJabRef can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- AutocompletionJabRef can predict and complete the rest of a word or phrase you're typing.
BibSonomy is a system for sharing bookmarks and lists of literature (BibTex format).Suggest and vote on features
A handy, intuitive reference-managing tool. Citavi researches in over 4800 databases and catalogs, organizes and structures your literature, references, quotes and idea collections and assists you with your documentation or publication.Suggest and vote on features
A new FREE citation generator. Automatically create bibliographies, references, and citations in APA, MLA, Chicago, Harvard, and over 8000 more styles with a totally free and no-ads citation generator.Suggest and vote on features
Zenreader is a desktop app to take notes, organise your knowledge and produce great work in no time. It is a powerful productivity tool that includes tagging, reference management and keeping track of your progress.Suggest and vote on features
Automatic works cited and bibliography formatting for MLA, APA and Chicago/Turabian citation styles. Now supports 7th edition of MLA.Suggest and vote on features
wizdom.ai (formerly colwiz) is a free and comprehensive research management software for researchers, academics and students. With the wizdom.ai android app, you can search, add and manage publications in your wizdom.ai library on the go. Sync instantly across wizdom.Suggest and vote on features
Weava is a collaborative workplace for research offering an easy way to highlight, organize and collaborate on your research articles.Suggest and vote on features
KBibTeX is a reference management software primarily for BibTeX which is typically used in conjunction with TeX/LaTeX.Suggest and vote on features
- Support for LaTeXKBibTeX supports LaTeX for text and math equation formatting.