A VPN client compatible with Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client (now Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Solution) and an open source substitute for Cisco's official Linux cli...
- Free • Open Source
- VPN Service
- VPN Client
What is OpenConnect?
A VPN client compatible with Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client (now Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Solution) and an open source substitute for Cisco's official Linux client.
- Support for IPv4 and IPv6; connection through HTTP/SOCKS5 proxy;
- Authentication via HTTP forms & SSL certificates;
- UserGroup support;
- Cisco Secure Desktop support;
- Data transport over TCP (HTTPS) or UDP (DTLS) w/ Keepalive and Dead Peer Detection.
If you're looking for a (legacy) Cisco IPsec VPN client, you'd better use vpnc.
Ftp archive: ftp://ftp.infradead.org/pub/openconnect/ Git repository: http://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/openconnect.git
Comments and Reviews
Said about OpenConnect as an alternative
It's more secure, open source, updated regularly, works painlessly, and doesn't crash. I've been happily using it Dec 2015 - Aug 2019 so far. Configuration is a little painstaking, but no more so than other linux command-line security tools.
- VPN Client
- open source
CategoriesSecurity & Privacy • Network & Admin
List containing OpenConnectProductive Daily-use Linux Setup
Recent user activities on OpenConnect
- feefbro added Privacy focused as a feature to OpenConnectfe
- feefbro liked OpenConnectfe
- bonepyramid liked OpenConnect
An open source Linux-compatible alternative to Cisco's closed-source guff. What's not to like?