Every manufacturing company has a CEO (Chief Excel Officer) to manage BOMs in Excel. So you probably know the difficulties you may face, using Excel:
You always get and send the correct version of the BOM.
The lack of ability to give the right people access to view or edit the BOM.
Copy-pasting errors and the human factor when transferring data from one BOM to another.
Complexity in creating multi-level BOMs.
Lack of the ability to see who made what changes, and when.
Attach the correct version of PDF and instructions to the BOM.
Automatic transfer of CAD quantities to the BOM.
Automatically calculate rollup cost across multi-level BOMs.
These issues cause engineering and manufacturing delays and errors and increase costs.... More Info »
OpenBOM is specially designed to avoid all these common Excel issues during Part and BOM management.
1. OpenBOM is easier to use than any PDM, PLM or ERP system and requires no special skills.
2. OpenBOM is integrated with CAD, PLM and ERP systems. We have great partnerships with leading manufacturing software vendors.
3. Work on a BOM in real-time with your team and see instant updates.
4. Connect all of your data from different sources in a single BOM.
5. Include thumbnail images of your parts and assemblies in the BOM.
6. All changes and revisions to your BOM are stored in a history log.
7. All of your data in one place and can only be shared with your permission.
8. Manage standard and custom parts for products in centralized Part Catalogs. Easily maintain “quantity on hand” for each part in the catalogs.
What does OpenBOM cost?
OpenBOM is available in three subscription plans: User (Free), Team, and Enterprise.
When registering for any account (even the free one) you get:
All the functionality to create, manage and share BOMs.
Ability to share and collaborate in real-time on your BOMs.
No limits in number of users from one company.
No hidden fees or marketing tricks.
The ability to export all of your data.