OpenAL Soft Alternatives
"Wwise® is the most advanced, feature-rich interactive sound engine for games, bar none. Whether you're an indie or a multi-million dollar production, Wwise will work for you." - Audiokinetic.com
- - Wwise is the most popular Windows & Mac alternative to OpenAL Soft.
- - Wwise is the most popular free alternative to OpenAL Soft.
PortAudio is a cross platform, open-source, audio I/O library. It provides a very simple API for recording and/or playing sound using a simple callback function.
- - PortAudio is the most popular Linux alternative to OpenAL Soft.
- - PortAudio is the most popular Open Source alternative to OpenAL Soft.
FMOD is a proprietary audio library that plays music files of diverse formats on many different operating system platforms, used in games and software applications to provide audio functionality.
FMOD Ex Features
RtAudio is a set of C++ classes that provide a common API for realtime audio input/output across Linux, Macintosh OS-X and Windows operating systems. RtAudio significantly simplifies the process of interacting with computer audio hardware.
SoLoud is portable - the c/c++ code base is written in portable way, and the code has been used on various platforms including windows, osx, linux, as well as android and even ps4. (I'm not responsible for many of the platforms, though, and for licensing reasons, ps4 code is...
- - SoLoud is the most popular Self-Hosted alternative to OpenAL Soft.