Open GApps is a Google Apps package developed by writing buildscripts which allow for the automated creation of new up-to-date packages automatically.
The development process is completely open-source and the goal is to have multiple contributors involved, to secure and reinforce the sustainability of Open GApps development.
Some highlights about the characteristics of Open GApps:
- All platforms and and all android versions are supported
- DPI-optimized support for all Google packages (unlike all other GApps)
- Frequently updated Google Apps: Packages are updated daily (if there are any updated google apps released)
- Strong compression, which allows for relatively small downloads of even the most complete packages
- Automatic Backup: It is not necessary to re-flash Open GApps or modules when you flash a ROM update. Most ROMs support this function
- All installers measure your device's system partition size and will notify you, before making any changes, if it finds any problems
- We offer several variations from a Google Super Package (based on all packages that ever shipped on a Google device), to a Stock package that equals the set of applications found on the most current and complete Nexus, to smaller, minimalist packages and an AROMA package that allows graphically selection of what to install
- A special 'for Stock ROM' mode that allows to update the Google Apps on Stock ROMs that conform to the original Google Nexus filesystem structure
- All packages can be customized to your individual preferences using our exclusive Advanced Features and Options... More Info »
Builds are generated every (European) night automatically if changes are found.
ARM, ARM64 and x86 platforms are fully supported. Please note that x86 depends on libhoudini. x86_64 is currently not included in the daily builds because no ROMs for that architecture are available yet.
Links to official Open GApps sites
Official Website Facebook
No features added
Add a feature
android-apps google-apps android-recovery android-rooting rooted-android twrp-recovery twrp