What is NetAdmin?
NetAdmin is a fully automated powerful monitoring tool which continuously provides diverse information on the local network you are connected.
In your offices and homes, many devices would have been connected to the local network. Some may be strictly controlled, and some may not. And some may consist of general computers and printers, and some may consist of wi-fi networks where mobile devices are connected to.
NetAdmin lets you find all the devices connected to your local networks automatically without a separate monitoring collection server in any environment. This tool also collects information, and manages and monitors the connection history and information continuously.
Main features of NetAdmin are:
- Stand-alone data collection in your iMac or MacBook.
- Fully automated operations
- Easy UI that provides various information required for local network management
- Host status charts within various given period (90 min. to 1 year)
- Network and host status reporting (PDF, print), exporting via CSV
- Additional features such as MIB Browser (SNMP v1/v2, keyword searching, exporting via text/CSV)
- Configurable icon and name for each device
- Wake On LAN
Main information provided by NetAdmin is:
- Up/Down status of each host (with chart)
- Ping response time (with chart)
- NetBIOS, Bonjour, MDNS, UPNP information
- Port scan and launch application with opened port
- NIC Vendor country/company (with OUI DB update feature)
- Public IP allocation history
- IP allocation history on each host
- Connected networks history for each host
- Wi-Fi information for connected network
- SNMP walk information on the network
- Host type analysis: Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OSX, Mobile device, Network printer, VOIP phone
Additional features – Bonjour service management, iPhone/iPad integration and SNMP/Port scan chart – will be available in the future.
Comments and Reviews
- Network Monitor
CategoryNetwork & Admin
Recent user activities on NetAdmin
- justarandom added NetAdmin as alternative(s) to Privacy Friendly Net Monitor
- POX added NetAdmin as alternative(s) to NETworkManager by BornToBeRoot
- altts1zed added NetAdmin as alternative(s) to Ning Network-Scanner
Looks like a great app if you want to easily find hosts on the network, and information about them.
Has a few issues though if your network setup isn't very simple. It cannot handle multiple subnets at once, so having two IPs on the same adaptor, for example, can cause it to fail completely (it confuses the two and ends up finding only localhost).
Supposedly v2.0 (paid upgrade) is in the works, so I'm waiting for that until it's any use for me.
v2.0 mentioned above is called NetAdmin Pro... even more expensive, doesn't fully support multiple subnets as expected, but is a bit better...
Reply written ago